Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Breakdown

Poof! Another week just plain gone. Because X and L are in different schools, we have different spring breaks. L is off this week, X next week. And we've been busy trying to sneak in lots of fun adventures. Monday was the Minnesota Zoo, which is always a hit. Tuesday shopping and playdates, Wednesday was all day at the Waterpark o' America, today trying to fit work in between playdates. I am sore, short on patience, and utterly exhausted - not in the mood for much thoughtful writing.

Take inspiration from what is around you, the sage writers encourage.

Okay...

Bob is burning dinner (his first foray out of bed since the stomach flu on Tuesday morning), X is playing piano in my ear as the computer is handily equipped with a fullsize synth for Bob's composing, L is lamenting the need for violin practice, and in case this wasn't all intrusive enough, X just crawled on my lap and announced "My butt is really itchy" in between begging me to read a book to him.

At least I know when I've been bested. Rematch, hopefully tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be interested in hearing your feedback and suggestions, provided they are constructive. Thanks.