Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthday Bash

Yours truly hit the big 4-0 this week and it has been a whirlwind of celebration. It started out with a 16 person bicycle with a keg and a crazy tour of the neighborhood and pubs. I haven't laughed that hard in ages, and it was a blessing to have so many fabulous friends to celebrate my declining years. Check it out at www.pedalpub.com.

It's funny that I took the initiative to celebrate in such style - normally I find birthdays distasteful to depressing, depending on the year. But this one, I had a plan. I was going to get a tattoo and go whale watching. I chickened out on the tattoo, mostly because I couldn't think of a place to put it that wouldn't eventually get saggy/wrinkly. And going to Boston seemed way too indulgent in these times of economic uncertainty. For some reason, the Pedal Pub seemed the prudent alternative - which goes to show you the higher functions of reasoning are the first to go with advanced age.

As if this wasn't festivity and frivolity wasn't self-indulgent enough - I went to Boston anyways. So I'm running around trying to catch up after a week of fun, and I don't have the brain for writing right now. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be interested in hearing your feedback and suggestions, provided they are constructive. Thanks.